Native Collection - Look What Ive Got

sandtiger

Captain Planet
MFK Member
Feb 14, 2005
NY
Personally, due to aggresion and bio-load both I would only keep the bluegill. Crappie can be hard to convert to tank life when small, I cannot imagin trying to convert them at that size. I suggest letting them go and keeping the bluegill. The bluegill should do pretty well and be able to live in the tank for the duration of it's life.

drewish

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 23, 2006
VA
forum.nanfa.org
The crappie shouldn't be aggressive but you should definitely start off with smaller fish that will adapt better to aquarium life. The bluegill on the hand, is pretty aggressive and will end up crowding your 55 since they are capable of getting to 12" and weighing a couple of pounds.

softturtle

Piranha
MFK Member
Jun 9, 2005
N.W. Indiana
I would probally get rid of the crappie (they do taste good) and put your sun fish in your 55. I think you'll be amazed at how aggresive these guys can be. I had a friend tell me before that a sun fish killed some of his P's! It will probally eat and acclimate sooner than you think.

Stone Like Fish

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 15, 2005
Queensland, Australia
he said the tank isn't premenant, read fools

jimk

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 1, 2006
coatesville, pa
you could probably do more with a net than the hook and line. A seining net works great for catching fry or use a trout net(small gaps) if it's still cold just net into any area of vegetation. i can get about 50 bluegill in 10 minutes work. you'll be able to keep a lot more fish in the 55 than what you could catch on a hook.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store