MFK Member
Nov 29, 2012
SE PA

tiger15

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Oct 1, 2012
SNJ
One observation of the last video is that the fish density is surprisingly high. If they were in someone’s tank, it can be considered overstocking.

I know the average fish density over the water body is much lower than average tank density. Perhaps the fish have curiosity and wanted to swim in front of the camera, or cameraman found a spot with high concentration of fish.

tiger15

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Oct 1, 2012
SNJ
One observation of the last video is that the fish density is surprisingly high. If they were in someone’s tank, it can be considered overstocking.

I know the average fish density over the water body is much lower than average tank density. Perhaps the fish have curiosity and wanted to swim in front of the camera, or the cameraman found a hot spot with high fish concentration.

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington

mrrobxc

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Nov 29, 2012
SE PA
Thx guys. Couple of plates and screws in my neck. Should be laid up for a few weeks. Will have nothing to do but post in mfk
Godspeed on your recovery.

Toiletcar

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jun 5, 2008
USA

I know the average fish density over the water body is much lower than average tank density. Perhaps the fish have curiosity and wanted to swim in front of the camera, or cameraman found a spot with high concentration of fish.
There is a huge difference between the volume of water and space. Sometimes fish congregate in a certain area, usually if there is a possible food source or protection from predators. Notice most of these species are around the same size. Shoaling does offer some protection. A person could be viewed as a predator. But if you took this shoal and put it in an aquarium, you would see different behavior.

darth pike

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Apr 3, 2008
Korriban
Looks like a Hypselecara coryphaenoides to me.

mrrobxc

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Nov 29, 2012
SE PA
Rio Tapajos
-Pterophyllum scalare
-Mesonautua festivus
-Dicrossus maculatus
-Crenicichla sp.
-Some cichlid I can't identify at 3:39
-Leporinus sp.