Need advice on raising GT fry.....

astrocreep

Piranha
MFK Member
May 30, 2018
Tulsa, OK
I can’t really see the mouth clearly
yeah i know, its so damn hard to get a clear pic. Either way I went ahead and gave him to the LFS. I got $50 for 25 of the smaller runts leftover, so not bad. Im down to around 20 fry left that I'm going to growout and try to sell as bigger individuals, but might end up having to give away.

keeping the best male for me of course.....haha

Reactions: MrsE88

astrocreep

Piranha
MFK Member
May 30, 2018
Tulsa, OK
There is one particular fry that you can tell is the aggressive one, had him with 2 others to keep separate from the roundup, and he was pushing them around all over the tank. So hes back in with everyone else in a 75, try to spread out the aggression.

astrocreep

Piranha
MFK Member
May 30, 2018
Tulsa, OK
Looking good. How big is your male now?
Man its been awhile since I gave an update. This may turn into a long post.

Ill start with Dad, hes doing okay but hasnt grown much. Him and mom broke up (she seemed to reject him after a few spawns). 1380834

Mom is doing fine in her own 40 gal luxury pad, which is next to a 75 growout tank so she can watch her babies.

This pic was taken this evening and he wouldnt come out of his cave, sorry for the quality. Hes still about 6-7 inches, very slowly growing

Reactions: MrsE88 and Jexnell

astrocreep

Piranha
MFK Member
May 30, 2018
Tulsa, OK
The real reason I wanted to update was to spotlight one of the fry which I think is a unique fish. MrsE88 MrsE88 we talked about how my male had white seams, and female had gold seams, and whether i would wind up with any whites. I did wind up with a couple white seams but after I already gave them away (dangit). But I did keep a female and male from the first batch.

These next couple pics are from when we were guessing the gender. Early on I called this fish 2-spot because of the obvious 2 spots on his side. These were from early this year, maybe last december. My hunch was male, and I think your guess was female. Its so hard to tell early on...

20190118_211957.jpg

20190118_211951.jpg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store