Need Coldwater Marine Info

J. H.

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Oct 14, 2016
Does anyone know where to get coldwater marine info? I see a few people with awesome tanks but can't find useful info.
I live in Rockland, NY, just north of NYC 10 minutes from the Hudson River and 45 from Long Island Sound. I would like to know what I can keep from these bodies of water and how. I would keep the tank outside, but don't need to worry about freezing or heat- solar water heaters and insulation are effective and I can put my sump in a pit below the frost line I probably could keep the tank at 40-70 F year round. I can build a tank, but would rather use the 90 I already have. I really want a reef and I like gooseneck barnacles and I think this is my chance. There are many fish and inverts around here just as interesting or better than the tropicals at my lfs. i don't want to do anything harmful or illegal though. I was supposed to set up a 90 gal mbuna tank this winter break, but due to space considerations now have a 55 gal livebearer tank with diy co2, so I now have a 90 gal & pumps & a skimmer & stuff from craigslist that was supposed to go to the mbuna tank.

sharkdealer

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 16, 2005
los angeles
Does anyone know where to get coldwater marine info? I see a few people with awesome tanks but can't find useful info.
I live in Rockland, NY, just north of NYC 10 minutes from the Hudson River and 45 from Long Island Sound. I would like to know what I can keep from these bodies of water and how. I would keep the tank outside, but don't need to worry about freezing or heat- solar water heaters and insulation are effective and I can put my sump in a pit below the frost line I probably could keep the tank at 40-70 F year round. I can build a tank, but would rather use the 90 I already have. I really want a reef and I like gooseneck barnacles and I think this is my chance. There are many fish and inverts around here just as interesting or better than the tropicals at my lfs. i don't want to do anything harmful or illegal though. I was supposed to set up a 90 gal mbuna tank this winter break, but due to space considerations now have a 55 gal livebearer tank with diy co2, so I now have a 90 gal & pumps & a skimmer & stuff from craigslist that was supposed to go to the mbuna tank.
I can collect and ship coldwater/temperate marines from California if you're interested. I have all permits. Let me know if I can be of help.

syddakyd

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Nov 10, 2008
NY
dude I live in Elmsford lol

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store