NEED HELP ASAP

carlo1988

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 13, 2009
milltown NJ
ok so i looked in my tank about 5 mins ago theres tinny worm like things swimming arornd my tank and on the glass and my 2 fish are not swiming around what kind of worms are thies and how do i get ride of them help me please :(

justonemoretank

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2009
Virginia
Are the worms on your fish? Or just on the glass and in the water?

What are your ammonia, nitrite, nitrate levels?

cichlid savage

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 25, 2006
Look up
If they are white stringy like worms. It soinds like detrius worms and are indicative of not cleaning your gravel well. Though a pic might help. I would remove the gravel clean well and put it back. More filtration and more waterchanges with beter vaccum vaccuming will help prevent a repeat. The good news is they arent really harmfull to your fish.

justonemoretank

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2009
Virginia
If they're on your fish, it's bad. If they're not, they're most likely harmless. However, I'm worried because you say your fish are not active, which is why I asked for water parameters. You could have a couple of things going on here. The planaria (or nematodes), which are squiggly clearish-white worms in the water column, are harmless, but are usually due to overfeeding/undercleaning. A type of worm which attaches itself to your fish is a parasite, and needs to be treated for. However, listless fish are attached to a whole different slew of problems, most of which are due to water quality. Ammonia, nitrite, nitrate levels, as well as a better description of the worms' activity, will help narrow down the causes.

carlo1988

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 13, 2009
milltown NJ
ok so i emptied out my whole tank got new gravel fresh filter bags the whole 9 yards but i was wondering if there is any treatment for worms ?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store