Need help, FH seems sick!

FishLoverSinceForever

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 15, 2014
In a fish tank
My FH colour turned black, been floating on top and sometimes swim fast knocking on aquarium wall. It has been pooping a lot, mostly solid poop with black colour. Done 100% water change and added some aquarium salt..improved a bit but not much. He's been this way for more than a week already.. anyone help?? :(
DSC_0035.jpgDSC_0036.jpg

DSC_0035.jpg

DSC_0036.jpg

atm82

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 9, 2014
Arizona
Check ph level. If it is bad add boosters. Allah possibly a bacteria. If it is a bacteria I would take everything or and add new stuff and change/clean filtration system

Sent from my SCH-S968C using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

atm82

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 9, 2014
Arizona
Well if the ph is bad You can add ph boosters to make it better. I'm not to familiar with your problem, I have never personally had it happen to me. Ph just popped in my head when I read you post

FishLoverSinceForever

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 15, 2014
In a fish tank
Well if the ph is bad You can add ph boosters to make it better. I'm not to familiar with your problem, I have never personally had it happen to me. Ph just popped in my head when I read you post

i suspect it's something to do with bacteria...just my thought. I added some aquarium salt, and I hope it will get better :/

atm82

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 9, 2014
Arizona
If you are afraid of a bad bacteria it well stay in your filter foam and such and Can transfer to you rank even after the water change. You can soak plastic pieces (like filter casing and fake plants) in a diluted running alcohol solution and it will kill bacteria. Let it dry completely before you add it back to your tank. Do another 100% water change in top of that too. You just don't want to keep transferring that bad bacteria over to new water. You could bring some water from another established tank when you fill up after your 100% water change so you don't shock your fish.

FishLoverSinceForever

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 15, 2014
In a fish tank
Diluted rubbing alcohol*

Btw i've transferred it into 5 gallon tank with filtered water(home) and he's okay. When i pressed his stomach(not too hard) some chocolate/reddish liquid comes out. Is it normal?

Sent from my ST23i using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

atm82

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 9, 2014
Arizona
I'm not sure about the liquid. I know that as you stated in the first post that the poop was black, that black poop can be normal depending on his diet. My fish poop is usually tan because their food is tan. Filtered water from your home is a lot different than fish water. Fish need water that had beneficial bacteria in it. Your tap water has chlorine usually which will kill all of the beneficial bacteria in the water. So this can shock a fish if there is 100% water change with no bacteria in it. That is why I was saying use some fish water from another fish tank if you have it.

pops

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2013
WA
I would dose tank with pimafix and melafix. keep the water pristine. run it for a week, and see how he does.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store