Need Help on these ID's???

Clash

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 12, 2008
Orange County
I bought these from the same shop in the same tank. Not sure what they are or if they're even the same species of peacock, or if theyre just male and female? Thanks all for the help!!! oh and our best guess is a Xingu hyrbid of some sort, idk?

IMG_4586.jpgIMG_4584.jpgIMG_4583.jpgIMG_4501.jpgIMG_4500.jpgIMG_4494.jpg

bassinmike85

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jul 10, 2010
California
Thing with kelberis is a lot of them do look different. Due to cross breeding, over breeding and poor genetics etc. Kelberis aren't like they were 10+ years ago. I miss them true wild caught kelberis.

Really? I have Kelberi in there and they look way different than these guys. I'll post a pic

Reactions: pwmin and Clash

Clash

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 12, 2008
Orange County
Now if they aren't kelberis/hybrids possibly mono/ocells.
Ok ya. One of my buddies said it looks like a fogo juvenile or fogo hybrid. So many cross breedings/hybrids now. I was on this message board last about 15 years ago LOL a lot of new stuff since then.

bassinmike85

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jul 10, 2010
California
Even experienced cichla keepers (i been keeping cichla since 2009) are having a hard time these days since a lot of hybrid bass are hitting the markets. If you want to fully know ask the seller. Future reference, I would buy from a seller/supplier that sells 100% pure strain bass. That way you know exactly what you are getting. Monos and Ocells are common in LFS and Mono/ocell hybrids as well since they mature quick compared to other bass.

Anyone out there that specializes in Peacock bass ID that is more certain what these are?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store