Need help planning a plywood build

Eddie628

Feeder Fish
May 4, 2019
I’ve been kicking around building a plywood tank for my basement but could use a little help picking a direction. The idea is to design something around the glass I have on hand within a set of maximum dimensions. The more I think about it the more ideas I come up with and just can’t pick a place to start.

As far as glass goes I have
(2) 2’x4’ 1/4” tempered glass
40 breeder
20 long

The maximum dimensions I am looking at are 9’L x 30”D x 26”T

The original idea was to use the tempered glass for two front panels with about 3” of overlap on all sides leaving a 6” vertical brace in the center. Hopefully that would allow me to butt the two pieces together and be enough support after bracing the top.

The tanks I listed above are sitting on a shelf that I am willing to cut apart to make front or side windows. I’ve never built a tank before but am capable if I can get through the planning stage.

TheReefer

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 13, 2019
Pennsylvania
Well tempered glass won't work, so I think a 40 breeder would be your best bet. I think taking the two longest panels (which would be the 3 foot ones) and having them make up the front and side panel would be your best bet, or you could have both be in the front but you'd have something in the middle between the two pieces of glass.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store