Need help with acrylic

Vested

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 7, 2021
Im thinking ill give it 50 minutes for this first time, and then ill do 40 minutes wait inbetween each seam for the rest.

Reactions: lifeon2

Vested

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 7, 2021
Ok so first pour is hard as a rock now, i just checked the second pour after 40 minutes and its still wet... Super worried I somehow didnt put enough hardener in, i know I definately mixed well and everything. Only thing I can think of is temperature, i opened a window and it probably dropped from 65 to 50. Should I just wait im sure its a bad idea to try and put more hardener in now..?

Vested

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 7, 2021
Just checked and its hard now! No clue what the deal was super weird, almost like the reaction wasnt working at first cause it was wet and cold 10 minutes ago.

Reactions: deeda

wednesday13

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 2, 2008
The deep south
All done! Super happy with how this came out and would recommend it for anyone who wants to be 200% sure their acrylic tank will last forever.

View attachment 1457342
Great example photo of the process/final product... sure is built like a chit brick house now for an ato ??... ive put those size fillets on 200-500gal tanks. Looks pretty text book to me, that texture is 100% normal. U did a very clean job man ?

Vested

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 7, 2021
How is this holding up? I want to do this as well.
Hey sorry for the late reply didnt get an email notification, its holding up great! I haven't put any water in it yet because It still has a bit of a chemical smell and I want that to be 100% gone. If you have any questions about the process feel free to ask!

Last edited:
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store