Need help with bike fishing

Kelly_Aquatics

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jun 4, 2020
Hello! so as well as a Fish keeper I am also an avid fisherman and I usually ride my bike around town if the spot is too far to walk. I almost always target pike, carp or bass the problem I face is how to transport live bait for pike on a bike? Im starting to get into float fishing and I catch my own bait locally (mostly sucker species. I always check the ontario bait fish list before using them) and them walk with them in a bucket but a spot along the nith river that I want to try is out of walking range so how can I transport several maybe 4-6 bait fish on a bike? they would be like 3-6" long

Let me know

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
I’d suggest a adjustable bike luggage cargo rack and strap a live well bait cooler. There’s a foldable bait holder as well.

Cich Mind

Dovii
MFK Member
Feb 28, 2021
Michigan
Hey Kelly_Aquatics Kelly_Aquatics ,
You could try a soft sided cooler with a zipper (the ones for sandwiches and a few beers) and maybe a strap to go around your neck/shoulder. You could also clip on a battery powered air stone on the cooler. I used to ride my bike to fishing spots as well. I like to fish for bass also, out of my kayak. I find fishing very relaxing and rewarding. GL

Last edited:
Reactions: Kelly_Aquatics
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store