Need help with my RTG. Eye problem

Bap

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 27, 2015
My RTG has a swollen right eye and it looks like anytime it will pop out. It started 2 weeks ago when I noticed his eye got irritated. I immediately replaced the water and keeps it clean every 3 days. After a week I bought Rid All (Arowana Special) by Hong Tai and pour it into the water every cleaning time (3 days) together with salt and yet it is not improving. There are bubbles on the lining of his eye (based on the photo). I really need help. Thank you.

Aleximage.jpeg image.jpeg

moe214

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Oct 13, 2014
Sorry I can't be of any assistance, but good luck, that looks bad.

Reactions: Kijiji

Tig Phish

Aimara
MFK Member
Sep 4, 2015
Deez Nutz
1. water looks rly dirty. 80% water change and make sure to use prime or some type of water conditioner.
2. epsom salt, helps to dry out extra fluids in the eye
3. melafix, antibacteria to help with infections in the eye

Good Luck friend

Kijiji

Feeder Fish
Apr 7, 2018
Hey buddy have same issue but not as worst than yours. Any update on how to cure this eye problem? Its a jardini around 18-20" almost 2 yrs old. TIA

received_1296098953834454.jpeg

Kijiji

Feeder Fish
Apr 7, 2018
Still active and eating normal. Diet are market prawns with pellets insert, mealworm, smelt with pellets. Hope someone can help me. TIA

20180217_181758.jpg

Reactions: Dloks

jonboy0517

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2009
MD
this is what you do..get seachem kanaplex as soon as possible. best to place fish in qt or medicines will get expensive. follow the directions on the back BUT double up on your FIRST dose. if your scared then just add a tad more then required amount. follow the directions as normal for doses after. add extra oxygen to the tank. raise temp a little.

salt and melafix will not work. you can thank me later

Reactions: Katie_Ca and Kijiji

Kijiji

Feeder Fish
Apr 7, 2018
this is what you do..get seachem kanaplex as soon as possible. best to place fish in qt or medicines will get expensive. follow the directions on the back BUT double up on your FIRST dose. if your scared then just add a tad more then required amount. follow the directions as normal for doses after. add extra oxygen to the tank. raise temp a little.

sorry its been awhile... tried this 3x but didnt work. any other treament you can recommend? Tia

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store