Need help with SB tex X KKP... aggressive male

Cohazard

Arapaima
MFK Member
Jul 13, 2005
Okay so after my SB tex male and KKP female spawned, the eggs weren't fertilized.

I was told that I should let them try again, so I have kept them together.

It seems like the male started beating on the female and is now trying to spawn with another female parrot (smaller) in the tank, and even the regular body carpintis tex female.

Should I let him pick who he wants to spawn with? I thought once they pair up they stay together?

How do I condition the female to breed again?

cheeseb0y

Piranha
MFK Member
Sep 29, 2006
Indiana, USA
You should separate him from all of the females for a couple of weeks, give them all time to relax and time for the KKP to recover. Then you should put him and the KKP together, because I want to see what a SB Texas X KKP looks like.

He will spawn with any and every female, they only tend to pair up and stay together while they have eggs. Since the first batch of eggs wasn't fertilized, the male feels free to do whatever.

I think I answered all your questions.

Cohazard

Arapaima
MFK Member
Jul 13, 2005
cool thanks for the help cheeseboy.

I will block him from the females, since I prefer he spawns with one of the KKP's rather than the closed mouth non-deformed blood parrot.

cheeseb0y

Piranha
MFK Member
Sep 29, 2006
Indiana, USA
The few pics I've seen of KKP crosses have been nice.

Also, you need to post pics of all four fish involved in this affair, for science.

Cohazard

Arapaima
MFK Member
Jul 13, 2005
Seems like the 1 day separation did the trick.

The SB tex is peaceful with the female KKP's again, I just hope they spawn again soon.

cheeseboy, check my recent threads I posted pics already, don't want to keep posting the same pics.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store