need puffer id

Pufferpunk

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 11, 2007
Chicago
www.**************.com
I agree, now that I see the yellow belly. Like I said, juvies don't look like the adults. It will become striped as it gets older. Were you actually prepared to house a mbu? At least you'll only need a minimum of a 120g for this soon to be large fellow.

dmopar74

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Mar 24, 2006
Tri cities washington
def. a fahaka. mine was that green/yellowish marbled color when small as well, but once he hit around 4" his stripes and yellow/maroon colors started showing up. beautiful puffer you got there!

flowerfan

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 10, 2005
Pufferpunk;1312986; said:
I agree, now that I see the yellow belly. Like I said, juvies don't look like the adults. It will become striped as it gets older. Were you actually prepared to house a mbu? At least you'll only need a minimum of a 120g for this soon to be large fellow.
yes, I bought him because I thought it is mbu. I had a fahaka before but I knew I can't keep him with any tankmate, so I want to have one mbu since I like one that is more gentle so I can keep more than one fish in the tank.

Pufferpunk

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 11, 2007
Chicago
www.**************.com
I forgot how my fahaka looked at 1"! He never developed those nice maroon colors, despite the awful maroon gravel I got him, so he might try to match it:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store