need some help plzz !!

mbeatrice

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 22, 2009
boston
ok so my hybrid cichlid is twitchin and freaking out like its having a seizure then just lays at the bottom of the tank ,,it did have cloudy eyes befor but i have treated him with meliflax and the cloudyness hasnt been back since not to sure whats going on if anyone could help that would be great

mbeatrice

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 22, 2009
boston
its not that trust me i just did a water change ..
all my other fish r fine i have 2 giant canister filters goin a big air stone and a powerfull power head .. its weird one of my other fish befor did the same thing but eventually died from it

everlastace

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Oct 15, 2011
Utah
You never know with hybrids, sometimes things go wrong in the gene mixing.

Sent from my LG-P509 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

mbeatrice

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 22, 2009
boston
no breeding goin on alll my fish r females except my pikes that r males .. and my altifrons did the same thing befor it died

ShadowBass

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 13, 2007
Poplar Bluff, MO
I wouldn't just trust that the water is fine because you did a water change, have canisters and the other fish are ok.
Some fish will perish from poor water quality and/or low oxygen levels before others. Some fish just handle it better than others. And a 50% water change doesn't fix things if you have high levels of pollutants, you're only bringing those down by 50% then.

So until you test your water parameters to completely eliminate the chance of that being the issue, no one can really guess at other possibilities. You also need to test pH.

It may just be an issue with that particular fish, or some kind of disease, but nothing you said completely rules out water or oxygen issues, which are the major causes of the symptoms you described.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store