Need tips on how to reduce pond falls noise

batang_mcdo

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 24, 2006
Manila
any tips on how to reduce noise in my pond's falls?
was supposed to be cement water blade, but it did not turn out that way.
any tips on what to do to modify it into a better water blade?

Reactions: Deadliestviper7

BichirKing

Dovii
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2018
PNW
it looks like there's something blocking the middle??? I've used a thin clear piece of acrylic bent to the shape I wanted to guide the water down to the surface on a h.o.b that quieted it down a lot. maybe something like that could help?

Rob909

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2018
Fontana, CA
Raising the water level to the level of the return will get rid of the noise completely. If you can’t raise it that high, I use filter sponge from the return to the water level. The water flows through it and doesn’t give that loud trickle. Add more sponge to dampen the sound more. Looks like you’ve got pretty good flow out of that thing.

kendragon

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 23, 2009
If that opening is pressurized then you can reduce the opening and allow the pump to push it through a smaller blade opening.

If the opening is not pressurized then the water should be calmed down and even across the width before going over the spill way. One way is to feed the box from the bottom allowing it to overflow over the spill way. Feeding the water into the box from the top will only splash and cause an uneven flow across the width.

You can also try extending the spill way out from the wall giving the water time to flatten out before going over the edge.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store