Needle nose Gar

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Stick with what you have, pike characteristics. It’s manageable.

Reactions: FishBeast

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Stick with what you have, needlenise gar and pike characins. It’s manageable.

piranhaman00

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 15, 2009
Wisconsin
I thought we already confirmed you had a Florida gar? The one sold as a marbled? I believe its your avatar but cant be sure.

Reactions: Jose_muniz

Jose_muniz

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 8, 2017
Depends on what it is about gars that you like... once you know the characteristic then you can find suitable fish.
Some gar descriptors:
Ancient/primitive
Predatory
Massive
Torpedo shape
Breathes air
Depends on what it is about gars that you like... once you know the characteristic then you can find suitable fish.
Some gar descriptors:
Ancient/primitive
Predatory
Massive
Torpedo shape
Breathes air
I would like to have the closest to a alligator gar
I thought we already confirmed you had a Florida gar? The one sold as a marbled? I believe its your avatar but cant be sure.
yes bout their ppl here say is a pike charisin??

piranhaman00

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 15, 2009
Wisconsin
I would like to have the closest to a alligator gar

yes bout their ppl here say is a pike charisin??
The fish sold as a marbled gar (I believe the one in avatar but I cannot see the tail), is a Florida gar without any doubt. It is the most manageable gar you are going to find, although all gar need a large tank as it can hit 2 feet in length.

Dont add any more fish to this tank, its already prone to bacterial blooms as it is heavily stocked (multiple characins, needle nose, Florida, aro, cats, poly) and at only 50 gallons, will maybe last a couple months. You are gonna have some problems and soon.

FishBeast

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Oct 26, 2016
Northwest Washington
www.youtube.com
The fish sold as a marbled gar (I believe the one in avatar but I cannot see the tail), is a Florida gar without any doubt. It is the most manageable gar you are going to find, although all gar need a large tank as it can hit 2 feet in length.

Dont add any more fish to this tank, its already prone to bacterial blooms as it is heavily stocked (multiple characins, needle nose, Florida, aro, cats, poly) and at only 50 gallons, will maybe last a couple months. You are gonna have some problems and soon.
I think someone ID'd his "marbled gar" as a pike characin...

@OP can you post clear photos of your "marbled gar" so others may identify it appropriately?

Reactions: Jose_muniz
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store