Neolamprologus Brevis aquarium

Gourami Swami

MFK Moderators
Staff member
MFK Member
Jul 13, 2006
NJ
Hi, just sharing this new setup
20 gallon long with nothing but N. Brevis. I started out with six, I lost two of them in the first couple of days and the rest have been good since. Been a couple of weeks now, I think they are going to keep doing well. I want them to breed, I think I have one pair so far. Not sure if the other two are M/F, they look like it but they could also be two F.

Anybody else who breeds these guys have any tips for me? pH is at around 7.8, temp at 80 right now.

Gourami Swami

MFK Moderators
Staff member
MFK Member
Jul 13, 2006
NJ
Good to know, thank you I will look into some escargot shells. The fish have been living in the shells I currently have, what makes them "useless"? Too heavy?

Gourami Swami

MFK Moderators
Staff member
MFK Member
Jul 13, 2006
NJ
Thanks guys. The shells I have all have pretty big openings actually, the brevis are able to get into most of them and they seem to like a couple of the conch shells. But I will take out any that look like they "spiral" a lot, I don't want any fish getting stuck.

Reactions: Renegade Aquatics

J. H.

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Oct 14, 2016
I will be setting up a brevis tank soon, as soon as my lfs gets them. Did you get a warning before your 2 were ripped up? I don't want to buy too many and lose some, but I have another tank that they could be moved to.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store