NET FISHING FOR EXOTICS

roybryan

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 30, 2006
georgia
I was wondering a few things First off is it legal? I live in south Ga and would like to know where I could Catch a Few South American species of Chiclid, Catfish anD Charcins. Any info would be welcomed.

big train

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jul 12, 2006
Chesapeake V.A.
I am sure there is a lfs near u full of that stuff but iam sure that they will call the cops if u show up with a net .:ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL: :grinno:

messiner

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 1, 2005
americas wang
i think your too far north for most exotics

amazonfishman

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 7, 2005
On the Rio Araguaia, I wish...
South of and including Miami-Dade county in south Florida is a good starting point. You should technically be able to keep south american/central americal cichlids that are caught in the cast net excluding Peacock Bass I would think because the rest shouldn't qualify as game fish because they are introduced species and negatively affecting the local fauna. Just be sure you know the laws in the area you fish unless you like confrontations with the game warden...

ROSS

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 15, 2005
connecticut
My dawg above me is right bro GAME WARDEN'S are no joke. they have more authority then a state policeman .. a G.W can confiscate your car/truck/ATV even your house if he see'S or find's you taking illegal game on the spot and there's nothing you can do because He is a defender of the enviornment and the enviornment has no voice in witch to protect it self !.. say's the law... :D

This may sound hard to belive but if you get caught jacking deer you are forever placed on probationary watch by the D.E.P and your poop is randomly checked for wild game .. but you are not violated if it is legal season and have record of tag's for the animal.
they have the authority to retain you in order to comply with the test ,you may be held for up to 24 hr's in order to get a sample ..

so think and research before you do this bro...:D

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store