New 13" Fire Eel

thefredpit

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jul 28, 2012
United States
Well I was making my weekly trip to my LFS to drop off their order of mystery snails and pick up frozen food and of course look around at their new arrivals and low and behold they had a nice 13" fire eel and something told me to get him so home he went =). My 7" fire eel, Nero, was moved to the growout last week so I was itching for an eel in my bichir tank. Anyone have a name suggestion for this one? I'm thinking Pompeii

the knifefish following the eel around is the afer I was talking about notice the way he moves

Reactions: AquaAlex1993
A

AquaAlex1993

Well I was making my weekly trip to my LFS to drop off their order of mystery snails and pick up frozen food and of course look around at their new arrivals and low and behold they had a nice 13" fire eel and something told me to get him so home he went =). My 7" fire eel, Nero, was moved to the growout last week so I was itching for an eel in my bichir tank. Anyone have a name suggestion for this one? I'm thinking Pompeii

the knifefish following the eel around is the afer I was talking about notice the way he moves
WOW!!! That is an awesome fire eel. Congrats!!! Love the knife too.

Fish Tank Travis

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Feb 28, 2016
Dayton, OH
Nice and lively already. He looks a little thin for now, but they all start off that way. Once he starts eating, he will thicken up right away and will eat like a pig.

thefredpit

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jul 28, 2012
United States
I tried the smallest nightcrawler I could find which wasn't much bigger than a red wiggler and shredded tilapia last night right in front of his face and he did sniff it but didn't eat any that I saw but he had only been in the tank 6 hours so it is to be expected

eddiegunks

Piranha
MFK Member
Mar 6, 2017
Tillson NY
It took mine 3-4 days to start eating. Then it was only worms..,..,now none of the other fish get any!

It is amazing how much more aggressively the other fish pursue foods now....:)

thefredpit

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jul 28, 2012
United States
WE HAVE SUCCESS!!!!!!!!!! He finally ate in front of me. He ate a huge nightcrawler I know it can take a little bit for them to start eating and I was getting a little worried since I'd had him for 10 days but not anymore =D

Oh I decided on the name Pompeii

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store