New 24 foot tank...need stocking advice

islander671

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Blaker;600520; said:
I just put an 1100 gallon aquarium in my new office (part of the wall between my office and the reception area). I've bought 10 bala sharks. I'm looking for a second (more colorful) school of big fish to add. Also would like rays, silver arowana and anything else you can recommend. Would prefer inhabitants get along. Any ideas?

Thanks.
Although not huge, a large mixed school of M. Argentus, and M. Schomburgki would look nice. maybe throw in some Red Hooks into it as well.

Joshy

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 4, 2006
Essex, England
www.bbc.co.uk
I am guessing you are one of the 'big boss men' in your firm considering this situation.
So i say, stock it with piranha, caribe piranha.

In the offices you could have a 'bring your pet in day', hence that saves you a few meals for the fish.
And i bet there are a few div-heads you want to get rid off, but do not have a reason to sack them...so instead they might accidentally fall into the tank.

Only joking, of course the tank dimensions could not warrant a falling-in *damn*

CHOMPERS

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 28, 2006
Sunnyvale Trailer Park
Asian arrows are legal in Canada? Then a red arrowana should top the list!

And the border is only 25.5 hours away...and the gears are turning....:D

Steve_89

NISMO
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2005
?
Could we get pix of the tank?

I would suggest a schooling fish.

African tiger fish would be awesome.

drgnfly829

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 14, 2005
maryland
i'm soo jealous
And the asian arrow thing in the us is really getting to me
How hard is is to beome a canadian citizen?

bmxer4ever

Fire Eel
MFK Member
May 25, 2006
Glasgow, Scotland
PLEASE post some pics of this tank - it sounds mad! It's three 8-foot sections, 36" wide and 30" high? How do you get THREE sections to make an "L" shape? Do two of them form the long leg of the "L"?
Seeing the tank in situ with it's current inhabitants would really help choice selections.....and c'mon everyone - be more imaginative than Aro's, P-bass and Dats... That's all anyone seems to suggest. Since it's a long tank, something that can use the length - something that schools, has great colour and swims FAST....
NOW does anyone have any intelligent ideas....

freeskierrocket

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2005
SouthEast, PA, USA
Maybe an enormous front / tanganikan setup:) :) w/ subdued lighting, and a bunch of synodontis cruising the bottom!!

Blaker

Candiru
MFK Member
Sep 22, 2006
Toronto
The tank is viewable from both sides, it forms a wall and it makes 2 turns. The first section starts at the door and goes 8 feet then there is a 45 degree turn, 8 feet more then another 45 degree turn and 8 more feet then a small walled in mechanical area that is against the outside wall. Currently it is full of water and nothing else. I'll post pics soon. I definately want some kind of stingrays and arowana. I like the idea of a colorful school of large peaceful fish and I'm open to suggestion for the rest.

Thanks.

jonahonah

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 28, 2006
CANADA
A shoal of geophagus would look great cruising around that maybe ellioti? they are so beautiful in groups when given space and wouldnt look out of place with rays and aro's

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store