New 24 foot tank...need stocking advice

Rayshot1

Candiru
MFK Member
Dec 21, 2008
California
From what he said earlier its just 3 8 foot tanks pushed together ever so nicely ..to put it mildly..

crimsontsavo

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 25, 2008
Tennessee
I love the way this tank is curved. Gives a really nice view. The color scheme of the walls is good too.

Blaker

Candiru
MFK Member
Sep 22, 2006
Toronto
Sorry, it's been a while since I've been on here. The aquarium has 2 large mouth bass, a few sunfish, a couple plecos and a big red devil. There are a couple of trees (driftwood) in it and we have removed a ton of golf ball sized rocks out of it so there is now no substrate. By spring I plan to do some aquascaping (includind large rock piles) and we are in the process of deciding what fish to change to. I'm going to remove the natives and likely just go with tropical monsters. I'm going today to buy 3 or 4 florida gar to put in a grow out tank. I'm also interested in getting a fast school of something that can survive fairly well with the monsters.

Egon

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 4, 2007
Tempe AZ
Sorry, it's been a while since I've been on here. The aquarium has 2 large mouth bass, a few sunfish, a couple plecos and a big red devil. There are a couple of trees (driftwood) in it and we have removed a ton of golf ball sized rocks out of it so there is now no substrate. By spring I plan to do some aquascaping (includind large rock piles) and we are in the process of deciding what fish to change to. I'm going to remove the natives and likely just go with tropical monsters. I'm going today to buy 3 or 4 florida gar to put in a grow out tank. I'm also interested in getting a fast school of something that can survive fairly well with the monsters.

Go with Bala's they grow fast they get big and they swim fast!

Blaker

Candiru
MFK Member
Sep 22, 2006
Toronto
Okay I didn't buy the gar. They looked like 2 1/2" bobby pins. Guys at the shop said the Florida Gar were bred in Malaysia and that they had no idea if they were real or not. I'm sure I can find some large ones online for nearly free. At this point I want big knife fish, gar, arowana, SA cichlids, maybe frontosa, an 8 fish school of bala sharks and a colony of caraelus (which I've started) in a big rock pile that would likely survive because the tank is big and the little fish are smart lol. I'll start posting pix as I acquire these things.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store