New 33,000 gal indoor pond

Kaia

Candiru
MFK Member
Nov 19, 2015
NW Washington
Can I live in your office please?!? It looks like a resort! I love those gold loaches! I have one- Hardy fish about 7yrs old now.

Reactions: GamerChick5567

Kaia

Candiru
MFK Member
Nov 19, 2015
NW Washington
Australian rainbows are good down to 55° for winter and are super busy schoolers and get up to about 5 inches and come in every color

FriedFlowerHornFillet

Piranha
MFK Member
Aug 26, 2014
Toledo Ohio
Albino Wels catfish haha
-it's only 28" deep. Half of their bodies would be scraping the floor when they try to eat food from the surface. -Otherwise albino cats really would look terrific.
I've had danios and tinfoil barbs in unheated tanks for years with no issues. They tend to be more forgiving than tetras with lower temps +1 on the Australian Rainbowfish I have a half dozen and a few turquoise rainbows at about 70 degrees they're fast and school really well too

Reactions: Kaia

Kaia

Candiru
MFK Member
Nov 19, 2015
NW Washington
I can't stop thinking about that big impressive space you are filling and how it deserves big impressive fish that are surprising! And since it's not deep and not lit bottom feeders that like it like that would really surprise your visitors more than common dithers..... What's about dinosaur and dragon looking fish like bichers and other oddballs??? Hey Oddball Oddball what would you put in this indoor pond!!!!

Muni

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Nov 22, 2009
Central Washington
Holy jeebus. That's a beautiful space. What the hell do you do? I feel so unaccomplished now.

3090 Jim

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2017
Holy jeebus. That's a beautiful space. What the hell do you do? I feel so unaccomplished now.
I'm in real estate, and this is our company HQ. We've been here since 1981, and since part of our reputation as a homebuilder is our longevity, we really can't move. We've also always been known for our previous pond, which was 4500 gal, but was 30 years old and leaking. Upsizing it was expensive, but we had to do something with the large atrium.

3090 Jim

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2017
I can't stop thinking about that big impressive space you are filling and how it deserves big impressive fish that are surprising! And since it's not deep and not lit bottom feeders that like it like that would really surprise your visitors more than common dithers..... What's about dinosaur and dragon looking fish like bichers and other oddballs??? Hey Oddball Oddball what would you put in this indoor pond!!!!
The bichirs seem to require warmer water than the 65-75 degree water i'm likely to have. I am definitely looking for surprising and impressive, and large fish. I wanted to do FW rays, but they are unfortunately "frowned upon" in California, as far as I can tell.

I thought about gator gar type fish, but they would eat most everything else.

Reactions: Orthopod

hooliganATV

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jul 3, 2014
Wales UK
is the 65 degree taken from the water temp or air temp?? i only ask because my tank out side in an uninsulated wooden shed alway sits about 5' above the air temp

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store