NEW 55gal SET-UP! CHECK IT OUT!

ShaneRiordan

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 27, 2011
Chicago, IL
A couple of days ago I made the change from gravel to sand. I'm liking how much more natural it looks! Give me your comments and suggestions if you have any! I know the picture quality is horrible, and I'm planning on getting new lights soon. They don't match right now. What light color would you suggest?

IMAG0041.jpg

IMAG0042.jpg

IMAG0043.jpg

fishmamma

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Looks good!

That is a good color! What brand and what color is that?... Some driftwood would make it look even more natural...;)

ShaneRiordan

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 27, 2011
Chicago, IL
fishmamma;5031336; said:
Looks good!

That is a good color! What brand and what color is that?... Some driftwood would make it look even more natural...;)
No clue. Bought tank on CL, and it came with the lighting. One of the lighting hoods was broken, so while I'm in the process of re-wiring it, I have a desk light on the left side. It's impromtu and ugly, but it will work for now. With the sand and decor I have in there, what color lighting do you think will work best?

CubanFury

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 26, 2011
Atlanta
I bet that goldfish in the corner is thinking, " If I don't move it can't see me"

Looks Great !

fishmamma

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
ShaneRiordan;5031494; said:
No clue. Bought tank on CL, and it came with the lighting. One of the lighting hoods was broken, so while I'm in the process of re-wiring it, I have a desk light on the left side. It's impromtu and ugly, but it will work for now. With the sand and decor I have in there, what color lighting do you think will work best?

Sorry I was not specific at all...

Did the sand come with the tank also?

and as far as lighting.. I like a blueish color.. and for that I would suggest 8000k for a dim blueish lighting ... and 6700K for a bright light blue color... I absolutley loath yellow lighting....:irked:

JK47

Retired MFK Admin
MFK Member
Aug 4, 2008
Washington
Sweet tank. Do you have any before pics? I will never go back to gravel (other than a gravel sand mix), sand is where it is at! Any close ups of your JD?

ShaneRiordan

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 27, 2011
Chicago, IL
CubanFury;5031532; said:
I bet that goldfish in the corner is thinking, " If I don't move it can't see me"

Looks Great !
Haha, I'm sure that's exactly what he's thinking! It's funny you say that, because that picture is 3 seconds away from the Gar totally chomping down!

ShaneRiordan

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 27, 2011
Chicago, IL
JK47;5031619; said:
Sweet tank. Do you have any before pics? I will never go back to gravel (other than a gravel sand mix), sand is where it is at! Any close ups of your JD?
I absolutely hated that gravel. If you check my previous posts, there should be some gravel pics in there. I love the sand. And no, I don't. If I had a better camera I would, but these are off of my phone. Sorry, and thanks again!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store