New 8x2x2 (225 gal)

Dan86

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 5, 2012
Gladstone, QLD, AUSTRALIA
Alright,
Just wanted to show some pics of our new tank - its a 8x2x2, 10mm thick glass.
got it second hand - so its got a few scratches, but overall in great condition.

At moment, its housing a 25cm Murray Cod - (Maccullochella peelii). For those of you that havent seen one before - have a read of this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murray_cod

Will be filtered by 2 x 2700lph canisters & a few small internals to keep water moving.

Plan to add pool filter sand, more driftwood & some nice looking rocks over the next few weeks.

Also considering adding 2 eel tail catfish & another 1 or 2 aussie natives.
8ft3.jpg
8ft1.jpg
8ft2.jpg
8ft4.jpg
8ft5.jpg

Will update more pics as things get updated.

8ft3.jpg

8ft1.jpg

8ft2.jpg

8ft4.jpg

8ft5.jpg

virgil2090

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 29, 2011
NJ
nice,i like how it divides your room,viewed from both sides.will you add any large schooler types also?

Dan86

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 5, 2012
nice,i like how it divides your room,viewed from both sides.will you add any large schooler types also?
Thanks,
Not sure what else to add to it right now, the cod will try to eat anything he thinks he can fit in mouth.
Only set it up 2 days ago, was a impulse buy...lol. Didnt need it right now, but the price was great - so i couldnt help myself.
Gotta do some research into what fish i can get that will be quick enough to get away from the cod - want to stick to aussie natives if i can.

duggan

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 28, 2011
San Marcos
Only set it up 2 days ago, was a impulse buy...lol. Didnt need it right now, but the price was great - so i couldnt help myself.
Just had an impulse buy on a 110 tall! Already have a 240 gallon but when the price is right it is too hard to pass up another tank.

Dan86

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 5, 2012
Ive decided to go with 2 golden eel tail catfish & a leichardti saratoga - get this guy tonight, gotta let him grow a bit in a 4ft before i put him with the cod. Toga is Only 10cms at moment.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store