New 90 idea

Apex85

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 6, 2017
Hey guys so I am moving soon and will finally getting a chance to have a fish room. I have 2 of my tanks all set on stocking how ever I am wondering on the 90. It will have a 20 gallon sump. So thinking stock 1 salvini, 1 jd, 1 male con and 2 or 3 firemouth. Thoughts?

Covetous

Aimara
MFK Member
Feb 8, 2016
Florida
What's the footprint on the 90? 48x18x25?

Personally, If I was gonna try something like you want to do. I'd just do 1 Salvini, and a group of Thorichthys. That to me would be more ideal then trying to squeeze a Dempsey and con in the mix.

Although, from what I've seen/gathered on Salvini. (Never kept one so take it with a grain.)
They either are totally fine with tank mates. Or they go psycho and kill everything. (Welcome to the world of cichlids right? That's about most of them.) I think not having a female Salvini helps your shot so your on the right track there.

Honestly the tank would be pretty with just a group of Thorichthys. The little guys are really growing on me the more time I spend on this forum. Although it doesn't have to be Meeki. Have you looked into other Thorichthys?

Just spitballing ideas at ya. What you want to do has a chance of working. But I think you should pic on center piece instead of trying to have two bigger guys in one smaller tank. Although jack Dempsey's are big hiders they still get 8inches or so. And I believe Salvini do as well. Even cons get a healthy 5+ . So while it would work. I think down the road you'll be overcrowded.

Anyways good luck on whatever you decide.

Reactions: kewpiefishypewpie
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store