New addition to my cichlid tank

StevieTheG

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 1, 2012
New Jersey
So after much debate between myself I finally made the decision to add two juvenile stinkpot turtles. Both are about the size of a quarter and a separate ten gallon is set up for feeding. 2 days have gone by and they seem to be quit comfortable :) although I need to reduce my current (they struggle too much)

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

jrthor_85

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Apr 15, 2012
Fresno, CA, USA
My wife an I think those are the coolest little turtles, she really wants them now... how bad does the "musty" smell get, or are there other "unpleasant" things about them? I have no experience with turtles which is why I'm hesitant, my wife had some growing up.

And I love your substrate!

hoodtatz

Exodon
MFK Member
May 24, 2011
Ohio
That's sweet I have some map turtles in a 135 open top tank almost full and they love that but never thought they could live with the cichlids. How big do those turtles get?

Sent from my iPod touch using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

snowman17.5

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 26, 2013
Chicago
I have a red ear in with my mbunas they def coexist the fish actually flash off the turtles shell funny sight.

Sent from my EVO using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

StevieTheG

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 1, 2012
New Jersey
Lol that would be funny to see them flashing on the turtle. They only get about 4-5 inches (they're about the size of a quarter right now). I actually set up a ten gallon for them to make sure they were eating. They're only hatchlings and get blown around in the current of my 55. As of right now I haven't noticed any odor and they're still nervous around me when I handle them so that's a plus. I'm hoping to never smell anything funky lol. These are my first turtles and I crack up watching their behavior

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store