New Angelfish suggestions

Gourami Swami

MFK Moderators
Staff member
MFK Member
Jul 13, 2006
NJ
With other fish sure, but not with African or central American cichlids. I would wait and see what you've got to grow out. Most SA cichlids would be fine with them.

Brazzen1

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Aug 18, 2013
Chickasaw Nation
They're all about an inch to two inches. The angels that I was considering were said to be large. I was thinking a pike cichlid, but they are WC also, so I have the same problem about in the pH.

J. H.

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Oct 14, 2016
put teabags in your filter and add some shells for buffering.

Brazzen1

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Aug 18, 2013
Chickasaw Nation
I know, I did try mopani wood but my tank was like the background on this post. I had to drain all the water out and take out the mopani, I still have a few l large pieces in there. My mom gave me one that's between 5&6 feet, which is pretty good in a 4 foot tank.

Reactions: J. H.

Hidan

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 4, 2018
Red tailed sharks are asses and will eventually bully everyone in the tank, including the angels.
As for the Krib, a lot would depend on its personality, but it would probably be fine with the angels. If you notice aggression(once it matures), you can return it.

I think the domesticated angels would be fine with PH of 8, the wild caught one's not so much so.
I am not a fan of using methods to bring down the PH as it usually backfires in the long run.

Brazzen1

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Aug 18, 2013
Chickasaw Nation
Thanks Hidan, maybe I am going to wait on the angels until I figure out something for the pH, besides chemicals to keep lowering it. Any other suggestions?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store