New Aquarium help!

BTG

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 30, 2018
Where I am interning currently is getting a new aquarium to show off and educate the public about some of the native fish in our area. They asked me to help them stock it however, the major thing they want in the tank is a muskie. I don't know if this is possible or if it is easily obtainable. The only specs that I have been told is that it is a 500g aquarium. If I can get a muskie in the tank how large or long can it be? They aren't really interested in growing a 6-12 inch fish. I'd appreciate all the help I can get.

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
Where I am interning currently is getting a new aquarium to show off and educate the public about some of the native fish in our area. They asked me to help them stock it however, the major thing they want in the tank is a muskie. I don't know if this is possible or if it is easily obtainable. The only specs that I have been told is that it is a 500g aquarium. If I can get a muskie in the tank how large or long can it be? They aren't really interested in growing a 6-12 inch fish. I'd appreciate all the help I can get.
Welcome aboard

They may also need a Chiller but not certain.

BTG

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 30, 2018
Welcome aboard

They may also need a Chiller but not certain.
We manage a large number of smaller aquariums so i'm not sure if they have a chiller. I'll have to aske if they have one. If not, any recommendations? Thanks for your input

Reactions: tlindsey

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
We manage a large number of smaller aquariums so i'm not sure if they have a chiller. I'll have to aske if they have one. If not, any recommendations? Thanks for your input

Tbh never owned any type of Chiller but was interested in some cold water species.

MultispeciesTamer

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 13, 2008
Michigan
You won't need a chiller for a musky. As musky are one of the more warm water esox species. I'd try to talk them into as little of one as possible to maximize the time it will spend in the aquarium. A musky can not live for life in a 500 gallon. A full grown adult female would need closer to a 1000+ gallon for life. As it can probably top out past 3' in length if not upwards of 4' in the home aquarium if it lives long enough and with sufficient food and water quality.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store