MFK Member
Sep 14, 2015
Q8

pops

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2013
WA
blue and gold macaw for the sexy voice, all 3 talk.

Reactions: MrsE88

MrsE88

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 9, 2017
Blue jays are a-holes, even as birds go...
I’d have to agree.
As a kid I heard the most horrible screaming in the woods just off our screen porch. I run out to see what was going on and saw a blue-jay swooping down at something. Then it picked it up and dropped whatever it was.
As I get out there and scare the jay away I found a terrified baby bunny! I didn’t know bunnies could scream like that. I don’t even think blue jays eat small animals, do they? I swear it was doing it for sport.

MrsE88

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 9, 2017
blue and gold macaw for the sexy voice, all 3 talk.
That is hilarious. Macaws are so awesome. I’d love a big parrot in the future. My daughters little conure is making me want one of my own. I’m trying to be content with just spending time with him in the morning and evenings while she’s in bed.

TheNonEuclidean

Candiru
MFK Member
Jun 24, 2016
SC
I’d have to agree.
As a kid I heard the most horrible screaming in the woods just off our screen porch. I run out to see what was going on and saw a blue-jay swooping down at something. Then it picked it up and dropped whatever it was.
As I get out there and scare the jay away I found a terrified baby bunny! I didn’t know bunnies could scream like that. I don’t even think blue jays eat small animals, do they? I swear it was doing it for sport.
I always had one dive bomb me walking to class. Hit it with my notebook one day and that just pissed it off more.

• Haha
Reactions: Jexnell

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
I’d have to agree.
I wasn't aware that bluejays could pick up small rabbits. I've never any that looked like they were big enough to do so.

MrsE88

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 9, 2017
I wasn't aware that bluejays could pick up small rabbits. I've never any that looked like they were big enough to do so.
I honestly wouldn’t believe it if I hadn’t seen it myself. It was a very small baby. Small palm sized, just left the nest. Still crazy though.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Thats pretty epic.I had a pair nest in one of the trees in my yard and my wife hated them due to all the "noise".....her words, that they made in the morning.

TheReefer

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 13, 2019
Pennsylvania
I just got this fellow today. He's a baby Eurasian Jay.

curios little thing

I know he needs a bit of cleaning but I just brought him in, he's about 5-6 weeks old. Yeah and don't worry he's farm raised not wild, they don't even exist in my region.
Birds make fantastic pets, ours became a family member

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store