New brachyplatystoma capapretum

tvbbnumber41

Dovii
MFK Member
Nov 5, 2008
Over the rainbow
Tried feeding silver sides, blood worms, and massivore sinking pellets. Won't eat. Already looks a bit skinny should I do feeders? What do you guys think

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Tried feeding silver sides, blood worms, and massivore sinking pellets. Won't eat. Already looks a bit skinny should I do feeders? What do you guys think
Id suggest wait it out. It’ll eventually eat.

thebiggerthebetter

Senior Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
Naples, FL, USA
You are in the best position to judge but I am with Ron. No need to give it live at all. I never have.

It will feed only when both comfortable and hungry. It's probably not one of those yet.

thebiggerthebetter

Senior Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
Naples, FL, USA
If I had to guess, the capa is not always comfortable. Does it dart and damage its nose or other parts?

They are not too hard to get onto pellets from my humble experience but nevertheless this is a nice accomplishment.

Reactions: Chicxulub

tvbbnumber41

Dovii
MFK Member
Nov 5, 2008
Over the rainbow
If I had to guess, the capa is not always comfortable. Does it dart and damage its nose or other parts?

They are not too hard to get onto pellets from my humble experience but nevertheless this is a nice accomplishment.
Have to be honest, not at all. He's pretty chill. He's active but swims in one area. Maybe because I have him in a slightly planted tank with lots of hiding spaces, but even then he's not very shy and doesn't hide.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store