New Build ~ 600 Gallon

JK47

Retired MFK Admin
MFK Member
Aug 4, 2008
Washington
I will see if I can find the drawing I made of my idea. It needs some work and has changes a bit but it will give you an idea of my plan. It's for a 540 tank
Please do. The more feedback we can come up with the better. There is minimal info available on them. Mine will replace using 100 micron socks if it works.

JK47

Retired MFK Admin
MFK Member
Aug 4, 2008
Washington
I bought a 2' x 2' piece of 180 micro stainless mesh from McMastercarr. I have a plan to make a sieve filter for my next tank I'm going to be running a reeflo hammer head on so 2 1 foot x 2 foot sieves with sprayer to wash it down to a catch tray
Are you ordering a new hammerhead or already have one? I will be done with my hammerhead by the first week of June and am replacing it with a gold dart. Lmk if you would want it.

millerkid519

Aimara
MFK Member
Feb 16, 2015
stratford ontario canada
I found one used for 200 bucks. It sucks because the baldor motor where made in the town I work and if I knew they where leaving I would have snagged a spare motor and brush set. If you where not so far away I would come down and buy it.
Missed out on buying a dart not to long ago. Brand new never used with a spare impeller housing, seal kit threaded fitting, true union ball valves, unions

JK47

Retired MFK Admin
MFK Member
Aug 4, 2008
Washington
I found one used for 200 bucks. It sucks because the baldor motor where made in the town I work and if I knew they where leaving I would have snagged a spare motor and brush set. If you where not so far away I would come down and buy it.
Missed out on buying a dart not to long ago. Brand new never used with a spare impeller housing, seal kit threaded fitting, true union ball valves, unions
I'll PM you when I get ready to clear out some equipment, I am sure there are a few gems in the garage I am forgetting about. I have enough used equipment that I thought about doing a fish garage sale over the summer. I've been hoarding for a while...

JK47

Retired MFK Admin
MFK Member
Aug 4, 2008
Washington
Justin, do you mind shooting me a PM when that time comes as well? I'm trying to clear out some equipment of my own at the moment but always on the lookout for quality equipment.
Roger that! You got it bro. This tank is almost done and I am remodeling three more tanks after this so I should have a lot of gear remaining. Multiple acrylic sumps as well as a hammerhead, dart, lots of 300 watt heaters with guards and somewhere in the ballpark of 200 gallons of biomedia. Stay tuned

Reactions: fishguy306

millerkid519

Aimara
MFK Member
Feb 16, 2015
stratford ontario canada
Roger that! You got it bro. This tank is almost done and I am remodeling three more tanks after this so I should have a lot of gear remaining. Multiple acrylic sumps as well as a hammerhead, dart, lots of 300 watt heaters with guards and somewhere in the ballpark of 200 gallons of biomedia. Stay tuned
I'm interested in some of that stuff dutie and the dollar would kill me tho. Dam fake Canadian money!

fishguy306

Peacock Bass
Community Vendor
MFK Member
Oct 24, 2005
Illinois
Thanks man! You sound just like me, four+ 75 gal tanks, several 20s, two hammerheads, a commercial Reeflo pump, two large DCP pumps, I just seem to collect stuff and never let it go lol.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store