Very nice!

Reactions: tlindsey

thebiggerthebetter

Senior Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
Naples, FL, USA
Sleek looking. If you will, tell us a bit more, please, on the history, origin, ID (why not filamentosum?), etc. and how you'll keep it - tank, size, tank mates if any, etc. so we all learn and enjoy together hopefully.

Reactions: kno4te

Dovii kid

Aimara
MFK Member
Sep 26, 2006
Connecticut
Sleek looking. If you will, tell us a bit more, please, on the history, origin, ID (why not filamentosum?), etc. and how you'll keep it - tank, size, tank mates if any, etc. so we all learn and enjoy together hopefully.
TBH limited knowledge of background, ending up trading my aimara for this guy. I'm not great at ID but from my understanding spotting smaller than eye are an ID trait of capa. Could be wrong. If so...I will need a bigger aquarium. Tankmates include 3 BD rays, flagtail, Gatf, apurensis and a ripsaw cat.

Reactions: thebiggerthebetter

thebiggerthebetter

Senior Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
Naples, FL, USA
... spotting smaller than eye are an ID trait of capa. Could be wrong. If so...I will need a bigger aquarium.
It's vice versa and when they are small, at the usual for sale size.

To my eye, yours is a filamentosum. Yet there is this controversy currently where many peers call the filamentosum from Peru capapretum (as opposed to those from Suriname and maybe Brazil) because they grow slower or smaller or both, so you might not need to knock out a load bearing wall of your basement :)

Reactions: Fishman Dave

Dovii kid

Aimara
MFK Member
Sep 26, 2006
Connecticut
It's vice versa and when they are small, at the usual for sale size.

To my eye, yours is a filamentosum. Yet there is this controversy currently where many peers call the filamentosum from Peru capapretum (as opposed to those from Suriname and maybe Brazil) because they grow slower or smaller or both, so you might not need to knock out a load bearing wall of your basement :)
That's the hope. I did get a little info on this guy. It is 3 years old and just at 2ft. So seems to be a slow grower as compared to the Suriname piraiba

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store