New Datnoids

eeJamBOYan

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Oct 22, 2016
South East Asia
What eventually happen in there??

I have never seen both species in a same tank. Did not expect that (chasing) to happen.

Perhaps it shows 'size does matter'.

SharptoothBass

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 14, 2008
dc
Nice batch of NTT. Be careful of parasites if those are black worms. Your better off feeding night crawlers if possible.
THANKS. Been using blackworms for years without issues go through at least a half of a pound to a pound of worms a week. Since I stopped using pellets haven't had many sick fish, tanks stay much cleaner and don't smell at all anymore.

FunWow!

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 30, 2008
Rhode Island
THANKS. Been using blackworms for years without issues go through at least a half of a pound to a pound of worms a week. Since I stopped using pellets haven't had many sick fish, tanks stay much cleaner and don't smell at all anymore.
All it takes is that one bad batch and all hell will break loose but you got luck on your side so nothing to worry about lol. Don’t know of any pellets that cause sick fish either.... I must be missing something but yeah they smell at feedings. Night crawlers don’t smell at feeding either and they don’t carry transferable parasites.

Reactions: tlindsey

SharptoothBass

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 14, 2008
dc
Yea I must be lucky because I use blackworms in almost all of my tanks(20 +) weekly and have not had one fish get sick from them. Pellets didn't cause sickness just smelly bad water unless I did a lot more water changes than I have to do now if I skipped these water changes like I sometimes do now fish would get sick. I have a whole thread in photo section on what I feed, I feed a wide variety of food weekly and I always have nightcrawlers and red worms my fish also get those regularly. I do most my feeding videos with blackworms because all the fish come out for them. My pygmy sleeper is 7 years old and has eaten blackworms the entire time without ever being sick. I rinse and clean the blackworms daily and have never had any problems with them, thanks for the info though.

FunWow!

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 30, 2008
Rhode Island
Yea I must be lucky because I use blackworms in almost all of my tanks(20 +) weekly and have not had one fish get sick from them. Pellets didn't cause sickness just smelly bad water unless I did a lot more water changes than I have to do now if I skipped these water changes like I sometimes do now fish would get sick. I have a whole thread in photo section on what I feed, I feed a wide variety of food weekly and I always have nightcrawlers and red worms my fish also get those regularly. I do most my feeding videos with blackworms because all the fish come out for them. My pygmy sleeper is 7 years old and has eaten blackworms the entire time without ever being sick. I rinse and clean the blackworms daily and have never had any problems with them, thanks for the info though.
Damn that’s pretty good. Blackworms is like crack to fish and they can’t resist them lol. You buy or raise them yourself?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store