New diet for peakcock

vtnamezeboi

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 7, 2005
Picked up a peakcock bass that’s about 10’. Previous owner had him on live. I been starving him for 9 days now and won’t eat anything I been giving. Tried everything my other fish will eat. Pellets, smelts, raw krill, freeze dried krill, prawns. I rather not give him live foods. Should I throw in the towel? It won’t starve itself to death would it?

Matteus

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 6, 2018
Canada eh
Usually the bigger they are the harder it is to break them. Chichlas can be super stubborn. You may want to check out the sticky thread live to frozen. If you do give in and give it live do it strategically.

Have you tried smelts on a fishing line to simulate live fish? Will it go for bloodworms or night crawlers? Sometimes people cut a night crawler and load it with pellets.

Reactions: tlindsey

Tobiassorensen

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2017
Sweden
I got an 30cm kelberi of from live foods with an fishingline and prawns. Took 3 weeks of starving. Just tied the prawn to the fishingline and wiggled it across the tank and tried to stay away from my other cichlas. Once it hit the prawns it was an easy road to get it of live.

vtnamezeboi

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 7, 2005
Usually the bigger they are the harder it is to break them. Chichlas can be super stubborn. You may want to check out the sticky thread live to frozen. If you do give in and give it live do it strategically.

Have you tried smelts on a fishing line to simulate live fish? Will it go for bloodworms or night crawlers? Sometimes people cut a night crawler and load it with pellets.
I actually just went to Walmart to grab some. Went straight for the worms. I might try the fishing line method if my jardini doesn’t get to it first.

Reactions: Matteus
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store