New Discus

Richard Gazinya

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 10, 2017
Thanks Kayzee I wouldnt have spent all the money if i didnt do the research. Can promise you that.
i have the blue 55 gallon drum from home depot(only 100 bucks) in my garage where ill be doing 50 gallon water water changes every 3rd day. I also have the Eheim quik vac to suck up extra food between water changes. Not to mention the 2 FX6s running :) I think the sand should be ok
Better to do 50 percent water changes daily. I do 50 percent morning, 50 percent at night.

Reactions: Coryloach

fattubwhale

Candiru
MFK Member
Dec 25, 2011
Twin Cities, MN
Good looking tank! Keep up on the power feeding and water changes and you'll have big beautiful discus in 12mo.
I'm a fan of beef heart when growing out Juvies, but I also grow mine out in a bare bottom tank for easy cleaning and 100% daily water changes... in your case with the sand bottom it will be harder to keep up with maintenance with beef heart! You can feed beef heart the day of water changes and offer tetra color bits, ocean nutrition "Prime Reef Flakes" and freeze dried black worms "FDBW' these are all high protein diets you can offer your juvies to grow out nice and full!
Have fun growing these babies out and keep up with pics :)

Reactions: Lilyann
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store