new flowerhorn fish from lakefishex HELP!!!!!!

LSTI

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
You need to get that protozoan clear from Wal-Mart. That type of thing happens with importing fish, not all the time but it happens. The find well not look clear and the body will have this film all over it and the fish will constantly scratch against objects and hide

Sent from my SGH-T999 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

rocky2

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 1, 2010
india
your fh looks good,you can add little salt and stress coat ,leave the lights off will be ok soon

FHCentral

Gambusia
MFK Member
Aug 11, 2013
Texas
hey I noticed a slight bulge in my flowerhorn's stomach today. could he be bloated or constipated or is that just normal? I feed him 2-3mm pellets of nls and hikari pellets, twice a day, once in the morning and night, for only 2 minutes each feeding.

BIG_ONE

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 23, 2008
California
hey I noticed a slight bulge in my flowerhorn's stomach today. could he be bloated or constipated or is that just normal? I feed him 2-3mm pellets of nls and hikari pellets, twice a day, once in the morning and night, for only 2 minutes each feeding.
Perfectly normal with short body flowerhorn. Will be even more extreme with bonsai. After 2 weeks of your fish being comfortable in your tank, deworm him ASAP. Fenbendazole for puppies #1 in my book. If it there's no result from the deworming medication, then your fish is clean and good to go. If worms starts spurting out the next day, then it is a good sign for your fish as well that the medication is doing its job properly.

FHCentral

Gambusia
MFK Member
Aug 11, 2013
Texas
where can u get fenbendazole? can u get it from walmart or petsmart? and btw, i fed him and his poop is clean and such. looks normal and hes really active, his hump is super huge, and his flower line isnt disappearing. hes really red too.. is this a sign he doesnt have worms? or is there still a chance he could have?

flowerhornfishman

Piranha
MFK Member
Sep 16, 2013
Malaysia
i think ure fish might have ick just like mine.
i bought a flowerhorn and after a few days, she started to rub herself against the rocks. i thought it was normal when i realised tht she started to have these white bubble-like spots on her body. i bring him to the vet where they put him in a methelyne blue solution for a few hours, and thank god she is okay. :D i put cleaned the tank including all the decorations and filter before putting her back inside.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store