New "Gold Tulip Eel" (Albino Swamp Eel)

thefredpit

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jul 28, 2012
United States
from the feeding videos of tulip and swamp eels on youtube it looks like nightcrawlers, shrimp and fish such as tilapia should work however you may need to target feed them i the beginning

Polyptasaurus

Candiru
MFK Member
Jun 6, 2009
New York
from the feeding videos of tulip and swamp eels on youtube it looks like nightcrawlers, shrimp and fish such as tilapia should work however you may need to target feed them i the beginning
I've tried prawn, beef heart, earthworms, white fish, herring... they're not eating anything. It's insane.

Polyptasaurus

Candiru
MFK Member
Jun 6, 2009
New York
I've tried that too. Lights off. At night. No luck. I THINK he ate one of my Cory cats though. But I've had him for weeks and seen him eat nothing....

FLA

Polypterus
MFK Member
Feb 1, 2017
I kept them for a year or so. I used to feed small crawfish, dragonfly larvae, sinking pellets, I put seminole killis in there as well. I believe the small ones disappeared from time to time in the night. I very seldom saw the fish eat. I only saw food missing over time.

Polyptasaurus

Candiru
MFK Member
Jun 6, 2009
New York
I just came across this. My how things have changed.... now he eats any small fish that can fit in his mouth. He eats silversides likes beast now!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store