Jun 8, 2009
Florida
www.myspace.com

Meach24

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 20, 2012
York pa
Don't wanna cause any more confusion for you. But I have the same fish and once it developed the orange tips, I arrived at the conclusion that its a Gold Saum and not a GT. Now i could be wrong, but after scouring the internet, true green terrors have white edges on their fins. Either way I think the orange is much more colorful and overall more awesome. Great fish! and good luck!

GrantA94

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 12, 2011
cumbria
Don't wanna cause any more confusion for you. But I have the same fish and once it developed the orange tips, I arrived at the conclusion that its a Gold Saum and not a GT. Now i could be wrong, but after scouring the internet, true green terrors have white edges on their fins. Either way I think the orange is much more colorful and overall more awesome. Great fish! and good luck!
Green Terror is a blanket name for the 3 species, Andinoacara stalsbergi (The true Green Terror), Andinoacara sp. Gold saum (what you and jay have) and Andinoacara rivulatus. They are all refered to as Green Terrors, which causes a lot of confusion.

aclockworkorange

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 24, 2010
Rose City
Green Terror is a blanket name for the 3 species, Andinoacara stalsbergi (The true Green Terror), Andinoacara sp. Gold saum (what you and jay have) and Andinoacara rivulatus. They are all refered to as Green Terrors, which causes a lot of confusion.
I read an article or post (can't remember) a while back on a Swedish ichthyologist that studies them. Maybe I can dig it up.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store