New 'hairy' monster in the house

Miguel

Ole Dawg
MFK Member
Dec 28, 2006
Very much south..
Never even saw one....where do they come from? Africa or Asia?

DMD123

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 23, 2009
Lakewood, WA
So how's the puffer doing now then?
He is doing very well. I have had zero issues with feeding. I bought a pair of tongs just in case I have to wiggle food for him, but as long as it is falling from the top he goes after it. In fact he know thats where the food comes from and I watch him looking at the surface when I come into the room. Im really glad I went with the hairy. He doesn't bury himself, is always out in the open even though I have caves for him and is pretty active. I do need to watch how much I feed... I accidentally overfed once and he looked miserable. So I now watch the portion size and feed every other day.

Luigi mbu

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 15, 2014
shaftesbury dorset england
He is doing very well. I have had zero issues with feeding. I bought a pair of tongs just in case I have to wiggle food for him, but as long as it is falling from the top he goes after it. In fact he know thats where the food comes from and I watch him looking at the surface when I come into the room. Im really glad I went with the hairy. He doesn't bury himself, is always out in the open even though I have caves for him and is pretty active. I do need to watch how much I feed... I accidentally overfed once and he looked miserable. So I now watch the portion size and feed every other day.
that's great to hear yeah over feeding is so easy with puffers sound like he's going to do well.I'm thinking of getting a hairy myself.

DMD123

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 23, 2009
Lakewood, WA
The hairy puffer are pretty awesome. Im glad I went with it. I was debating between a Congo, Dragon (humpback), Arrowhead and hairy. The others were cool but the 'hair' was just way too cool looking to pass up.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store