New here, Great Site and a question.

67GTO

Feeder Fish
Mar 28, 2008
California
I stumbled accross this site by accident, and man is it re-kindling my love of aquariums. I've had freshwater community tanks for most of my life and my last tank a few years ago was a 20 G reef.

Secondly, You folks have beautiful tanks. Marmot's tank, in particular is jaw-dropping...:drool:

http://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=124067&page=2

Are there farm raised piranha's, or are they all wild caught?

Thanks for a fascinating site,
Chuck

JoeDizzleMPLS

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 23, 2007
MPLS, Minnesnowta
that's not marmot's tank, it belongs to someone over at p-fury that goes by the name bluebird, you can read marmot's post or search p-fury for more info on the tank, it is beautiful

CichlidAddict

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 19, 2006
MN
And to answer your question - yes there are lots of wild-caught piranhas.
There are several types that have never been tank-bred before. But common ones like red bellies that you see at a LFS are most likely tank-bred.

67GTO

Feeder Fish
Mar 28, 2008
California
Good to know, I'd rather find a vendor that has the farmed RBP's. Particularly since I haven't kept P's before.

Thanks.

ductTAPE

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 18, 2008
Minnesota
67GTO;1653129; said:
Secondly, You folks have beautiful tanks. Marmot's tank, in particular is jaw-dropping...:drool:

Chuck

dont think those are marmot's tanks..

bigredjeep

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 25, 2007
sticks
IMO wild caught reds have alot more color, and tend to be a little more aggressive. I have one "wild caught" that has 100% more of the coloring then the other 2 RB's that i got from a LFS, actualy the reds i got from my LFS have very little coloring at all, they havent since i got them

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store