New Home for Pacu

FishButt

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 8, 2007
Dallas Texas
It needs to be wider than 2 feet cause the pacu will not be able to turn around in the tank sence he will be 3 feet or more. my oppinion. GL

djlancer88

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 19, 2008
Syracuse NY
well theres no doubt in my mind that this tank will still be to small!!! but its better, and as good as i can do basically

djlancer88

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 19, 2008
Syracuse NY
But I beefed up the seams of the two tanks I built by “laminating”/ adding 4” wide strips of plywood to the inside seams. Thus giving me a 1 ½” wide area to sink screws into as supposed to ¾”.[/quote]

^^^^ about this ^^^^ Can you explain a little more in detail if its not to much to ask.

I was thinking of making a 2"x4" frame or maybe even 1"x1"

djlancer88

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 19, 2008
Syracuse NY
Well for sealing the tank. Im not sure exactly what im going to need. I want to go the fiberglass route. Iv seen the hardibacker board and drylok but that doesn not seem safe to me.

I have a account with NAPA auto supplies( almost a 40% savings ). I know i need the fiberglass mat and resin. which comes with a hardner? correct? now is there a difference between the resin and epoxy? All i need is a supplies list!! lol. bare with me. its my first.

djlancer88

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 19, 2008
Syracuse NY
Had some scrap 2x4's from my stand build, so i made my 24" [SIZE=-1][SIZE=-1]stanchions. Yup thats about all!! lol. Picking up the plywood tommarow. Couldnt find a level enough surface outside so ill be constructing this bad bay in my dining room)=
.which suuuuux! I think im going to be in for a hell of a time. And no i wont be fiberglassing in the house. im not that uneducated!!

How should i attach the sides? with 24"x24" pieces on the outside of the ends (drilling would tank place only on the sides)correct?. Or should they be cut smaller to fit inside the ends and be drill from the front, bottom, and back?
[/SIZE][/SIZE]

ilikewomen

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 17, 2008
capilla de millpillas,jalisco
use triangular bracing inside and the 2x4 drilled in on the outside.

djlancer88

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 19, 2008
Syracuse NY
Well i got started on the project today. Not to much got done, the back and bottom pieces glued n screwed together.!!

As you can see i used to much glue. Gorilla glue is what i used. Im going to let it harden and then sand it, screw trying to wipe it up with a rag. Im spotting a couple spots that i need to hit with the screw gun after looking at this picture. Im using AC exterior/interior ply wood. The insides are real nice sanded and smooth, No imperfections at all

Im doing this project solo so i stole my girlfiends coffe table cinder blocks and used them to hold up the back. worked farely well. I also cut the height size down to 18"3/8(the height of the coffee table, lol. So smack on another 3/4" to that.

Sometime this weekend im going to get the sides and front on. Im going to lay a full piece on the front like the back is, and just cut a rectangular hole.

PS if you dont know what gorilla glue is, and you have never used it. dont get it on anything that you dont want on. because good luck trying to get it off!!

djlancer88

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 19, 2008
Syracuse NY
Scrap the idea of throwing in some more screws, i dont want to break any kind of seal that iv made with the glue, its hardened

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store