New Hoplias!

wolffishlover

Plecostomus
MFK Member
May 24, 2010
usa
So I’ve got the option to get a 6x24x18 tank for a really good price sump and all. Would that most likely be enough long term for him and a school of tinfoils or similar? Adding plants drift wood and power head for current and that’s about it

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
So I’ve got the option to get a 6x24x18 tank for a really good price sump and all. Would that most likely be enough long term for him and a school of tinfoils or similar? Adding plants drift wood and power head for current and that’s about it
Should be fine. Make sure the tin fins are large.

Reactions: wolffishlover

wolffishlover

Plecostomus
MFK Member
May 24, 2010
usa
Last pic in the 30 before he gets moved into the 90. Waiting on it to finish cycling then it’s moving time lol. Can’t say how awesome this fish is. Made waiting 10 years so worth it. I’ll check back in again when everything is up and settled in!

Reactions: dr exum and kno4te

tetroid

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2009
Salish Sea
I've always liked the shape of the hoplias curupira. Looking at your photo, I think I can see why. If you draw a horizontal line from the tip of the snout to the tip of the tail, and then split the line into two segments at the point that aligns with the front edge of the dorsal fin, you get very close to the golden ratio. Not bang on, but very close.

A most aesthetic wolf.

Reactions: wolffishlover

wolffishlover

Plecostomus
MFK Member
May 24, 2010
usa
Im very excited to see how he fills out, already bulking up and trying to eat anything, I still need to add plants and finish cycling the 90 but I think its gonna be sweet. hes gonna be a tank when that 1ft mark gets closer

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store