New Imports

Freshwaterpredators

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Apr 25, 2009
The Grotto
Nice choice of jams for your video hopefully youtube doesn't give you problems. I love your ILC he will grow amazing with age and you should be proud to be one of the few to own a ILC fish in the states. The second female is a beauty she should produce some amazing pearly fry. The third one isn't far behind the second one and I know leo has some great deals. I think I saw some parasites sticking out of her (unless that was just her tube) make sure you treat all of your imports right away or you can have problems for life with them. Fourth fish is nice I would consider it a kamfamalau though because of the zz traits not a king kamfa but it might turn out better for you because with eyes that red he should be fertile. Looks like he could potentially fade looking at his back half. My favorite is the last one it looks like a old school kamfa with thai silk pearls. If it turns out to be female you're in for some nice fry.

Next time I suggest getting a bag of fry if you have the room just in case something happens to your other fish and for the fact I love growing out random masterpieces. Love your haits by the way looks like you have some great stock. Hope you've got lots of room! Good luck with everything make sure to keep us updated.

Thank you very much i really appreciate it. aside from where i got them and the possibility of one or two being labeled wrong, i think they are very nice and do have potential. i thought i had meds saved up but it looks like i ran out, so off to the store;) as for the female with the thai silk pearls, which male should i breed her with to get nicer fry from? i was thinking the Kamfamalau male cause of his pearls, but the ZZ malau has the KOK trait. I am going to attemp to breed the ZZ male with the Kamfamalau female i got from lakefish first. Ill have names for all of these guys and will be doing individual or pair updates so nobody gets confused with which fish is being talked about lol. I also just bought some RT's from CJBarth that will be here next week:) im excited to have his stock as well. and thank you again Cam for the info:)

Water

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jan 29, 2007
Houston
Thank you very much i really appreciate it. aside from where i got them and the possibility of one or two being labeled wrong, i think they are very nice and do have potential. i thought i had meds saved up but it looks like i ran out, so off to the store;) as for the female with the thai silk pearls, which male should i breed her with to get nicer fry from? i was thinking the Kamfamalau male cause of his pearls, but the ZZ malau has the KOK trait. I am going to attemp to breed the ZZ male with the Kamfamalau female i got from lakefish first. Ill have names for all of these guys and will be doing individual or pair updates so nobody gets confused with which fish is being talked about lol. I also just bought some RT's from CJBarth that will be here next week:) im excited to have his stock as well. and thank you again Cam for the info:)
Oh you will NOT be disappointed with Cjbarths RT. I know I'm not(Check my SRT thread) :D

Freshwaterpredators

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Apr 25, 2009
The Grotto
Oh you will NOT be disappointed with Cjbarths RT. I know I'm not(Check my SRT thread) :D
It was because of your post that got me interested in Chris's RT's. ive seen a couple of his threads a long time ago and didnt have room for any. then you posted your progression thread and i was hooked:) then a week or two later Chris posted a sale thread and Hook, Line and sinker;) LOL That thread you posted im sure contributed to his sales. its a great publicity:)

Camphilophus

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 11, 2008
Howell, Michigan
I would breed the ilc fish since he has the best size be careful with that lakefish female she is a beauty. Dont be surprised if they're all not fertile or don't get it right the first time they are hybrids.

Try crossing some of cjbarths rt to one of your haits that would be sick.

Freshwaterpredators

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Apr 25, 2009
The Grotto
I would breed the ilc fish since he has the best size be careful with that lakefish female she is a beauty. Dont be surprised if they're all not fertile or don't get it right the first time they are hybrids.

Try crossing some of cjbarths rt to one of your haits that would be sick.
Thank you ill be careful. I pulled the dividers today to check the interest levels and they look really promising. but since i just got them i put the dividers back in and will give them time to finish their parasite treatment, settle in and fatten up a lil more;) Hmm.. RT with Haitiensis... that would be pretty sick. I think i might give that a try. normally i dont break bonded pairs up but i dont really like the female hait i have. I was planning on getting a different female for him, so i dont have a problem trying.

Camphilophus

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 11, 2008
Howell, Michigan
Female haits are always just black the only noticeable difference between them are nuchal hump size and general shape. I thought you might have had fry from them or something by now. When I had mine they bred pretty regularly. If you do end up trying that let me know I think it would be awesome.

Freshwaterpredators

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Apr 25, 2009
The Grotto
I am going to try crossing the haits. i also have RTM's, red istlanums, and i might try festae down the road with some offspring but festae will definitely be a challenge since they are not very prolific:) the hait pair i have now are both from my old pair with my black male. i just want the genetics so im keeping the male and gonna sell the female. i have a friend with another gene pool so im gonna pick a couple females up from him and try again and in the mean time see if i can t get my male hait interested in an RT or even that blue female Fh i just picked up;)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store