New Intex Pond

Silent Bob

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Nov 25, 2011
Plainfield, IL
Sorry hit the send button on accident.

Anyone outside of the states can buy the rectangular ones from them. We don't seem to have those here. From what I have seen looking for them the rectangular ones don't come with a filter.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

David R

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 26, 2005
New Zealand
Looks good, I take it you're somewhere north with a fairly mild climate? Can't imagine trying to heat that thing at this time of year in Melbourne!

How sturdy is the liner? I've often thought of having something like this sitting in the garage as a back-up in the event of a catastrophic failure of my big tank so I have something sizeable to put the fish into, but I'm worried about the plecs and their spikes and rasping mouths vs the plastic liner.

Mayo

Candiru
MFK Member
Nov 17, 2008
Australia
Sorry hit the send button on accident.

Anyone outside of the states can buy the rectangular ones from them. We don't seem to have those here. From what I have seen looking for them the rectangular ones don't come with a filter.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
All the rectangular ones in aus ive seen are without pumps, they are sold seperatly

Looks good, I take it you're somewhere north with a fairly mild climate? Can't imagine trying to heat that thing at this time of year in Melbourne!

How sturdy is the liner? I've often thought of having something like this sitting in the garage as a back-up in the event of a catastrophic failure of my big tank so I have something sizeable to put the fish into, but I'm worried about the plecs and their spikes and rasping mouths vs the plastic liner.
Yeah mate warm enough here at the moment, the liner feels really thick/strong (its triple layered), just remember its made for kids to be jumping in and all over it with toys etc i will probly even buy the next size up and a proper pool filter for it wen i move house

Mayo

Candiru
MFK Member
Nov 17, 2008
Australia
Update on stock and filtration:

Blagdon Midipond UV and Bio Gravity Filter with a 10,000 Liters per hour pump
Fluval FX5
Schego 600W with thermostat in case temps drop

Current fish stock:
1x Grey Giant gourami 60-70cm
1x RTC 96cm
5x Silver dollars
5x Hartwegi Cichlid
1x Red claw crayfish
1x common pleco

duanes

MFK Moderators
Staff member
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2007
Isla Taboga Panama via Milwaukee
After first reading this post, I ordered a rectangular one direct from the Intex website.
I'm overwintering my Uruguayan cichlids, koi, goldfish and water lilies in the basement in it.

Mayo

Candiru
MFK Member
Nov 17, 2008
Australia
mine is outdoors and only issue is keeping temp up in the colder weather and controlling algae growth, UV light fixes algae issues and heating just cost lots of money lol

Reactions: Bbuckley
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store