New Kid On the Block

phillydog1958

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Hello there. I'm new to MFK, but I have been in the hobby since my teen year. I currently own a 55 gallon, fresh water tank with 2 young oscars and a young arowana with a large pleco to tidy up the place. I just purchased a 125 gallon tank and stand. I'm buying items for this 125 gallon set up, piece by piece and intend on having this baby up and running by Labor Day. I look forward to reading your points of views on various matters associated with the upkeep of monster fish. I've not ever had a tank of this size, so this is new territory for me. Right now, I'm wanting to know what you would suggest for filtration. I'm planning on upgrading to a cannister system and have heard some good things about the durability of the Fluval 405. A local fish store attendant suggested I consider the largest Rena. She said that Fluvals tend to not last as long. I welcome your input.:confused:

Red Devil

Nice to meet you and welcome to MFK
Staff member
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2006
United states of America
welcome to MFK.. i hope you receive all the info you need in the forum set up and filtration.. ..it is nice to meet you...i look forward to seeing you and your pics around the forum... enjoy MFK.. and if you have any questions..remember ..all you have to do it ask.... always try to help:D

SuperDave

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 27, 2008
C.A
Hello and welcome, Good luck with the New Tank!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store