New LFS opening today in NJ

stillsirpaul

Exodon
MFK Member
Mar 17, 2021
New Jersey
I also recommend Global Fish -- I've made several purchases there (not monster fish but cats and cichlids) and no complaints. Nice folks running it as well.

tiger15

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Oct 1, 2012
SNJ
I still miss Aquarium Center's previous location
The shopping strip in the previous location has been completely emptied out since AC moved. I have been visiting AC about weekly since Covid outbreak. The store never closed as pets stores are essential biz. Store selection keeps getting better, and more tanks are added. There are no monster size fish as in the old location, but plants, shrimp, nano and rare fish are in plentiful supply. Last week I saw several 6 inch sting ray selling for $300. I tried to avoid visiting the store on weekend as it is always packed. With most independent LFSs gone , price in big box has gone up. This gives chance for independent to compete, specially stores that sell rare fish that big box don’t carry.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
The shopping strip in the previous location has been completely emptied out since AC moved. I have been visiting AC about weekly since Covid outbreak. The store never closed as pets stores are essential biz. Store selection keeps getting better, and more tanks are added. There are no monster size fish as in the old location, but plants, shrimp, nano and rare fish are in plentiful supply. Last week I saw several 6 inch sting ray selling for $300. I tried to avoid visiting the store on weekend as it is always packed. With most independent LFSs gone , price in big box has gone up. This gives chance for independent to compete, specially stores that sell rare fish that big box don’t carry.
That's good to know.While very nice and modern looking the new location seemed to lack the selection of the old place so I stopped making the drive from Philadelphia as often as I used to.I am due for a visit,not that I need or have space for too much else these days.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store