NEW MARBLE GOBYS

SharptoothBass

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 14, 2008
dc
this is the smallest one, this is why I never buy one of two of these guys I would have been pissed if i only got 2 and ended up with these little slow growing guys. They both eat good but they just don't seem to have the genes to grow large i doubt if these 2two grow past a foot.

Reactions: moe214

moe214

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Oct 13, 2014
I know about you and these fish, been subscribed on YouTube since before I was on MFK, and I've talked to you on many posts, they used to be my favorite and I've done extensive research on them, of what I can find. I for one wouldn't wanna lose any, they come around here very rarely, once every couple years kind of thing. Which is why my reaction was to be careful, but to each his own lol.

SharptoothBass

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 14, 2008
dc
Yea i already have a 19 inch male that wont share a 240 with anything, and a 15 inch female who hogs most of the space in a 220, don't see a need to raise 13 more to adulthood only keeping a solo male and another pair as my pair is getting old and i don't wish to cohab them again because my male is too aggressive.

moe214

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Oct 13, 2014
Yea I had gotten one last year, they came around finally after I've been waiting for maybe 6 years prior, it was a quick grower, was boss of the tank, tried to introduce to my larger set up cause he was bigger than the smallest inhabitant, but that inhabitant was an exception and the goby was eaten unfortunately. Figure it'll be a long wait till I get another.

SharptoothBass

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 14, 2008
dc
Yea I had gotten one last year, they came around finally after I've been waiting for maybe 6 years prior, it was a quick grower, was boss of the tank, tried to introduce to my larger set up cause he was bigger than the smallest inhabitant, but that inhabitant was an exception and the goby was eaten unfortunately. Figure it'll be a long wait till I get another.
Are you saying the goby was eaten by a smaller fish. Because I remember you having a goby that was 4 inches that you said got eaten by a 8 inch wolf. No way the black wolf ate a larger goby not happening. Also weren't you like 17 last year you've been waiting on a goby since you were 11. Sorry but my bulls*** meter is on high to much of it being slung around this board these days.

moe214

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Oct 13, 2014
You're right, I said I tried introducing the goby to my larger set up because I had a bichir in there that was the same length but much thinner, so I figured he'd be fine, but my wolf thought other wise, the goby was maybe 4" maybe 5", and I was 16 lol. The wolf was 8" at that time as well. And yes I've been waiting on a goby since 5th grade, I was 10-11, can't remember when I lost the one I had back then, lost that one due to my ignorance, was about a foot and my favorite fish, had it for maybe a year.

SharptoothBass

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 14, 2008
dc
You're right, I said I tried introducing the goby to my larger set up because I had a bichir in there that was the same length but much thinner, so I figured he'd be fine, but my wolf thought other wise, the goby was maybe 4" maybe 5", and I was 16 lol. The wolf was 8" at that time as well. And yes I've been waiting on a goby since 5th grade, I was 10-11, can't remember when I lost the one I had back then, lost that one due to my ignorance, was about a foot and my favorite fish, had it for maybe a year.
cool

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store