New MBU!

Oddball

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Apr 27, 2005
Bama
It's adorable! How big is it? Does it have a name?
One of my last mbus was named, by my kid, FeedMbe. The other one was named Mpuff.

Reactions: clm08k and Chub_by

clm08k

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Oct 31, 2016
He/She doesn't have a name yet. It eats out of my hand (probably not a good idea), and really fun to watch. 3" to 4" right now. Soon to be huge. Here is a video:
Nice! That's cool that he's handled. Any tank mates with him at the moment or in a solo tank? Heard mixed things about mbus with tank mates. I've only kept the smaller puffs. Do mbus get more aggressive as they age or does it depend on the individual puffer?

Stillwater

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 3, 2015
Minnesota
www.leopoldi.com
Nice! That's cool that he's handled. Any tank mates with him at the moment or in a solo tank? Heard mixed things about mbus with tank mates. I've only kept the smaller puffs. Do mbus get more aggressive as they age or does it depend on the individual puffer?
I'm not sure on the aggressiveness as they age. He was aggressive towards the algae eater and guppies when he was first introduced, but now he seems more content with everyone.
I have other tanks with potentially compatible tankmates, but I'm not going to risk it (stingrays, lungfish, catfish, etc.). My long term plan is him with dither fish from Africa (congo tetras, other fast midwater fish).

Reactions: clm08k and BIG-G

Achilles1763

Piranha
MFK Member
Feb 15, 2016
UK
If you want to have him in a community tank one day I would start introducing tankmates asap.. the longer he is on his own the more likely he is to regard anything that comes into the take as a meal. I did that with my fahaka and she has been a dream!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store