New member- and empty 135 to fill

DammitKhoa

Candiru
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2011
MD
looking forward to the pics! :headbang2

if you can't find any red tails in your LFS, sharkaquarium has a few and it's never posted on their online store or their sub forum actually, but Aquascape just got a few juveniles in

Gasguzzler

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 2, 2012
NH
Yeah my freshwater lfs is terrible haha. I'll have to call them in a bit after the tanks is up and going fir a few days. I really like the cycle time compared to salty haha

Sent from my DROID X2 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

DammitKhoa

Candiru
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2011
MD
i never owned a salt set up before.. how much time does it take to cycle a saltwater tank? a month?

Gasguzzler

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 2, 2012
NH
Every tank is a bit different but yeah a month to 5 weeks is pretty much it. Its a long time to stare a running tank with sand and rock with no fish! Haha

Gasguzzler

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 2, 2012
NH
OK so I didn't make much progress this weekend, but I got it cleaned and up on its stand. Gotta decide on a background color and order my sand.

uploadfromtaptalk1333932262656.jpg

Gasguzzler

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 2, 2012
NH
OK, going to the pool supply store tomorrow for filter sand for a substrate. Thinking 150 lbs should do it. Then I'm getting out the SeaView and installing my black background. Saturday will hopefully have a trip to Lowes in store so I can get some panelling to dress up my stand. Then, the 7 day process of filling it with my RIDICULOUSLY slow RO/DI unit haha

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store