New member in St Louis Missouri

Matt Meyer

Feeder Fish
Dec 21, 2016
Hello everyone, I've been creeping on here for years and finally broke down and joined. I'm no noob to this as I've worked as a zoo keeper and professional aquarist for about 15 years. I've been keeping and breeding fish for nearly 30 year not to mention coral fragging and maintaining and breeding many varieties of reptiles and amphibians. I would say I'm quite knowledge but there are always new techniques and information out there. I look forward to discussing a wide array of topics with you all.

Thanks Matt

Kittiee Katt

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Aug 1, 2015
My House!
Welcome to mfk!

What kinds of fish are you currently keeping? :)

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
Hello everyone, I've been creeping on here for years and finally broke down and joined. I'm no noob to this as I've worked as a zoo keeper and professional aquarist for about 15 years. I've been keeping and breeding fish for nearly 30 year not to mention coral fragging and maintaining and breeding many varieties of reptiles and amphibians. I would say I'm quite knowledge but there are always new techniques and information out there. I look forward to discussing a wide array of topics with you all.

Thanks Matt

Welcome aboard :)

Reactions: Matt Meyer

Matt Meyer

Feeder Fish
Dec 21, 2016
The only stuff I currently have at home is a koi pond. At my job I'm in charge of a Missouri River ecosystem which include paddlefish, blue catfish, channel catfish, bullhead catfish, spotted gar, largemouth bass, bluegill, long eared sunfish, red earred sunfish, green sunfish, warmouth, and black crappie. I also maintain a queensland grouper, lg green moray eel, pacu, red tailed catfish, tiger shovelnose catfish, silver arrow analysis, and a few other things

Matt Meyer

Feeder Fish
Dec 21, 2016
Between internship and employment worked at the St Louis zoo for almost 5 years. Then worked at the world aquarium in St Louis for a little over 8 years. Now working at the City Museum. I maintain all of there tanks not to mention building and maintaining all kinds of other stuff.

Reactions: Deadliestviper7

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
The only stuff I currently have at home is a koi pond. At my job I'm in charge of a Missouri River ecosystem which include paddlefish, blue catfish, channel catfish, bullhead catfish, spotted gar, largemouth bass, bluegill, long eared sunfish, red earred sunfish, green sunfish, warmouth, and black crappie. I also maintain a queensland grouper, lg green moray eel, pacu, red tailed catfish, tiger shovelnose catfish, silver arrow analysis, and a few other things
Welcome and wow,no wonder you don't have anything but koi at home.You get to enjoy interesting fish all day....and get paid for it! Could you get some photos to share with us?

Matt Meyer

Feeder Fish
Dec 21, 2016
I'll see what I can do the camera on my phone isn't working but I'm sure I can figure something out.

Deadliestviper7

The Necromancer
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2016
U can put many native fish with koi:channel cats,bullheads,virtually anysunfish,yellow perch etc.

biggfish

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jan 28, 2008
MO

Thanks Matt
Welcome Matt!

St. Louis, former zoo employee as well...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store